by Sharon M DraperGame Name: Out of My Mind
Game Designer: Stephanie Laird @LairdLearning, LairdLearning.com
Content Areas: Reading
Recommended Ages: 3rd-6th grade
Ideal Group Size: Whole Class
Suggested Time: 30-40 minutes
There’s an update for Melody’s Medi Talker, but her parents and Mrs. V are so busy helping Penny recover, they haven’t gotten around to installing the update. Rosie wants to help Melody, but needs your help in solving the clues and unlocking the box where the Medi Talker is stored. Will you help? The bus comes to pick up Melody and Rosie in 30 minutes, so time is running out! Work together, problem solve, and use what you learned in Out of My Mind! Your time starts now.
- 3-Digit Lock 473
- 4-Digit Lock 5985
- ABC Lock OLLIE
- Directional Lock ← ↑ ↓ ← →
- Key Lock Taped to a photo of the brain
- Print out all clue cards
- Put together the cipher wheel
- Place the cipher wheel in the small Breakout box
- Set the locks
- Lock the small breakout box with the 4 digit lock
- Place all other locks on the large Breakout box using the hasp
- Tape the key to the back of the brain photo
- Hide all clues and hint cards
- How did your group utilize each individual’s strengths?
- How did you contribute to your team?
- Did everyone in your group have an opportunity to contribute?
- Describe a moment in the game when your team worked well together.
- How could your group have been more effective?
CCSS: RL.1, RL.2, RL.3