If you are not ready to have students create their own Lit Trips, check out Google Lit Trips, a website full of premade trips that can be downloaded and run in Google Earth.
1. Go to Maps Engine Lite, you'll need to sign in with your GAFE account
2. Click "Create a new map"
3. In the upper right corner, change "Untitled Map" to "_____'s Peak Map"
4. In the search box, type in the location you wish to add to your map. (The first one is the Woolworth Building, NYC, NY)
5. Click the green map marker, and choose "add to map"
6. Next, click the now red map marker, and edit the post by clicking the pencil icon at the bottom.
7. You will now add a summary or reflection of the events that have occurred at this location. For the Woolworth Building, you could include that it was Peak's sixth skyscraper to scale. Also, you could include details regarding Peak's ascent and subsequent arrest.
8. As you read Peak, you will follow steps 4-7, being sure to include relevant information and summaries about Peak's journey up Mt. Everest.