Literacy Breakout Edu over Belly Up by Stuart Gibbs.
Game Designer: Stephanie Laird @LairdLearning, LairdLearning.com
Content Areas: Reading
Recommended Ages: 3rd-6th grade
Ideal Group Size: Whole Class
Suggested Time: 45 minutes
Henry Hippo Junior is the new star of FunJungle and Teddy Fitzroy promised Summer he would keep an eye on Hippo River. Last night, Teddy received a text from Summer telling him she overheard her dad talking to Large Marge on the phone, discussing how the new koala is missing and they're worried the baby hippo may be next! Teddy needs your help to track down Doc, solve the mystery, and prevent anything from happening to Henry Jr.! You have 45 minutes to solve the clues, so work together. Your time starts now!
- 3-Digit Lock 346
- 4-Digit Lock 0816
- ABC Lock Water
- Directional Lock ←↑→↓↓
- Key Lock Taped to trash can
- Color clock Brown, Black, Yellow, Grey, Pink
- Print out all clue cards
- Tape the key to the trash can.
- Place red decoder lens near the box.
- Hide all clue cards around the room
- Using the hasp, lock the Breakout Box with the directional lock, word lock, 3 digit lock, 4 digit lock, color lock, and key lock on the hasp.
- How did your group utilize each individual’s strengths?
- How did you contribute to your team?
- Did everyone in your group have an opportunity to contribute?
- Describe a moment in the game when your team worked well together.
- How could your group have been more effective?
- Decoder Lens
CCSS: RL.1, RL.2, RL.3