- Learning the curriculum of grade levels and subjects that I was not familiar with
- Facilitating professional development sessions at the building and district level
- Collaborating/Co-Teaching/Modeling Lessons in every classroom
- Coaching Cycles
- Supporting all teachers in my building
- Mentoring first year teachers
- Leveraging our building's social media accounts to increase community/parent outreach
- Connecting with fellow Instructional Coaches in the district, state, and online
- Implementing STEM and PBL in Kindergarten
- Growing as a learner, leader, and educator
Once we finished our list, we had to choose our top three to share out. It was difficult to narrow down my list, but it was neat to share successes. Too often I focus on what's left to work on, so it was great to focus on the positive impact I've had in my first year as an Instructional Coach.
There's still lots to do, and I have a list of hopes and ideas for next year, but for now, I'm happy to look back at the impact I've had and know that I've not wavered from my goal of positively impacting teaching and learning in my building.