After attending another of Jeff's sessions on Tuesday, I sat down and wrote a list of personal and professional goals. These included ways I plan to aim higher, and how I want to get my students involved.
1. Blog more to share my thoughts and ideas
2. Continue writing articles, books and lesson plans for publication
3. Be more active on twitter
4. Give back through presentations, working with colleagues and other teachers
5. Encourage others to take risks
6. Get students connected and collaborating through Skype and Google Hangout with experts and peers around the country/world
7. Get students publishing their work through portfolios, blogs and vlogs
I look forward to working towards these goals and seeing the impact it has on myself and my students.
If you have not had the opportunity to attend a professional conference, I highly recommend it. The opportunity to collaborate and learn form other teachers is amazing. Also, if fees prevents you from attending, consider signing up for an Edcamp in your area or participating in twitter chats. Get involved and start sharing your fantastic ideas, I plan to and I hope you join me.