65 Ways to Use ThingLink (from freetech4teachers)
10 Innovative Ways to Use ThingLink in the Classroom (from gettingsmart.com)
27 Ways to Use ThingLink in the Classroom (PDF from Mrs. Gage)
Interesting Ways to Use ThingLink in the Classroom (from Edutech)
Below you will find the directions for the Olympian ThingLink assignment I provided my students on KidBlog:
Create a ThingLink to summarize your Olympic athlete research.
1. You will need to create an account on ThingLink.com. Click “Join Now” in the top right corner.
2. Type your FIRST name, then school email and password. Uncheck the box for receiving weekly emails.
3. Once logged in, click “Create” in the top right corner
4. Click “Choose image” ——> then “Web Address” and paste the link to your creative commons/free to use and modify image.
5. Finally, click “Tag this Image”
6. Click anywhere on the photo to add a “tag”
7. When finished, see Mrs. Laird for sharing information!
Components to include:
- 3 text descriptions (just type the big ideas)
- 2 Photos
- 1 Video
- 3 websites (1 showing early life information, 1 showing Olympic accomplishment(s), and one showing where they are today)
- 1 quote
- GoogleMap marking to show their hometown and location of Olympics they participated in